The Resource Development Officer plays a leadership role in developing and writing fundraising plans and grant proposals and the development of strategic partnerships to meet Renaissance Community Loan Fund’s (RCLF) annual fundraising goals in support of its loan funds, programs, and operations. The Resource Development Officer coordinates with staff to effectively manage the identification and acquisition of new donors, renewal and further development of current funders and on-going funder relations, including reporting and relationship management.
Mississippi based or remote
- Strategy and Planning:
- Leads the design and on-going refinement of a comprehensive and effective fundraising plan
- Oversees the implementation of strategies to solicit new funders, renew, expand current supporters, and manage the donor portfolio
- The successful candidate should have strong existing relationships with national funders and donors as well as the ability to cultivate new national relationships
- Identifies and Secures New Prospects:
- Develops and manages donor acquisition
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits new prospects for local, regional, and national program funding
- Writes and edits requests to targeted prospects
- Obtains Renewals:
- Collaborates with senior staff to effectively develop and implement donor retention
- Researches, writes, and edits requests to current funders including foundations, banks, government, corporations, individual donors, etc.
- Management of Fundraising Communications, Information and Reports:
- Manages/Responsible for the accuracy of fulfilling the reporting requirements of all funders in a timely fashion
- Manages and oversees development correspondence including timely responses to requests from funders and other partners for RCLF materials and information utilizing effective project tracking
- Interfaces with the other fundraising team to gather information and manage donor profiles of prospects within RCLF’s market area
- Work with the Marketing team in the development of various collateral materials targeted at donors and funders
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Management, and/or a minimum three to five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, communications, and external affairs is required
- The successful candidate has thorough knowledge and expertise in fundraising, grant writing, and developing donor relationships with banks, foundations, corporations, individuals, and local, state, and federal government agencies
- Ability to build strong relationships with funders and donors
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement effective cultivation and solicitation of donors exceptional written and oral communication skills
- The successful candidate must be able to synthesize complex concepts and analyze data to form clear and compelling arguments appropriate for various donor/investor audiences
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to produce quality grant and funding applications that meet deadlines, demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of digital and social media marketing concepts
- Knowledge of the CDFI lending industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the community development field and basic financial concepts is preferred
- Possess a high degree of self-motivation, dedication, creativity, and strategic thinking
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams, groups and individuals both within and outside of RCLF, and represent RCLF in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to pay attention to details, with exceptional time management skills and a personal commitment to the mission and goals of RCLF
- Ability to travel on behalf of RCLF
- Valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Access to a reliable automobile for local travel to include meetings, networking opportunities, visits with prospective and current donors, etc.
- Minimum of three professional references.
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous.
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Detail-oriented – can focus on the details of work to ensure a successful result.
About This Employer
- We offer a competitive wages and benefits package.
- Potential candidates may be subject to background, reference and/or credit checks.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.