When Paula Farve decided to move back home to Mississippi, she worried […]
Renaissance Community Loan Fund Home Purchase Services
Congratulations on taking your first step towards homeownership! Our Home Purchase Advisors offer credit and financial counseling to assist you in becoming mortgage ready. Our Advisors look forward to getting you on the right path to sustainable and responsible homeownership.
Home Purchase Loans
- Borrowers receive a fixed-rate mortgage offering stable and affordable monthly payments
- FHA, Fannie Mae, VA and USDA loans are available to qualified borrowers
- 1-4 unit owner occupied purchase financing available
- Condo purchase financing available
One-On-One Financial Counseling
The Renaissance’s HUD-certified housing counselors offer free, one-on-one financial counseling and education to help you become mortgage ready and build your financial future.
Down Payment Assistance
Renaissance Community Loan Fund offers Down Payment Assistance (DPA) to qualified borrowers. In order to qualify for DPA available through Renaissance, you will need to utilize our in-house mortgage team to process your loan. At this time we are unable to offer only DPA in partnership with another lender’s loan. DPA is subject to availability.
Start the Home Purchase Process
To begin the process of purchasing a home with Renaissance, click the applicable button below and fill out the Home Purchase Inquiry form.
If you are unable to submit this form online, please contact us at (228) 896-3386 for assistance.
Section 8 Home Purchase Program
In this program, your Section 8 voucher may be used toward the monthly mortgage payment after a home purchase. If you are currently in a Section 8 rental, you must be approved through Section 8 to transfer your current rental voucher to a home ownership voucher.
Smart6 Mortgage Program
The Smart6 Mortgage Program can give you the funds you need to purchase your first home or move up to your next one. As a participating lender with MS Home Corporation, Renaissance can offer competitive interest rates with $6,000 in down payment assistance as a second mortgage.
- 30-year fixed rate mortgage (rate subject to change)
- FHA, VA, Rural Development and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loans
- No liquid asset limit
- $6,000 with 0% interest due upon sell
- Must serve as your primary residence
- Household income cannot exceed $110,000
- Must be a legal resident of the United States
- Must be approved as buyer-ready by Renaissance’s home purchase team
- Available on new or existing single-family homes, townhomes or condominiums (manufactured homes using FHA) in the State of MS.
Use our Mortgage Resource Center to learn more about the homebuying process.
Home Purchase Success Stories
Read about Mississippians like you who worked with Renaissance to purchase the home of their dreams.
Renaissance helped make Donna Bates’s dream of owning a home into a reality.
Renaissance’s Home Purchase Advisors helped guide Brandi, a single mom purchasing her first home, through every step of the process—from her initial loan inquiry to financial counseling to the final closing.
The Strong family received a down payment assistance grant that helped reduce the amount of their mortgage and monthly payments.